The University of North Georgia is currently accepting applications for a Communications Specialist. Through writing, public relations and marketing responsibilities related to the university’s strategic initiatives and university programs and activities, the communications specialist supports the advancement of the University of North Georgia as a leading regional university. This position requires interaction with a wide variety of constituents in the campus community, research related to media opportunities and frequent outreach to media contacts. Excellent writing and communication skills are essential to this position.
Located in the fastest-growing region of the state, the University of North Georgia is a multi-campus university with an enrollment of over 18,000 students, making it one of the largest institutions in the University System of Georgia. UNG is focused on a mission of educational excellence, leadership development and community engagement opportunities that develop students into leaders for a diverse and global society. Through a variety of educational pathways that provide access and range from certificates and associate degrees to a professional doctoral program, UNG is responsive to regional education and economic development needs. Federally designated as a senior military college, one of the university’s signature leadership programs is its 800-member Corps of Cadets on UNG’s Dahlonega Campus.
The Communications Specialist will:
- Interact with campus contacts regarding potential stories, attending university meetings and events.
- Research of external media opportunities and communications planning; outreach/pitching to media contacts; coordination of media visits on campus.
- Write for campus publications, external media outlets, and other communications projects as needed.
- Occasional photography to accompany stories.
- Coordinate with other members of University Relations staff to extend and integrate content/information through all appropriate communications channels (web, digital signage, social media, publications, etc.) and posting news through these vehicles as needed.
- Must have knowledge of Associated Press style for writing; above average computer skills – primarily with Microsoft word processing and spreadsheet software
- Social media knowledge
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to work in a professional, team-oriented environment
- Photo editing skills a plus
- Occasional need to attend events after normal business hours and on weekends
- Ability to respond, in the event of an emergency or crisis, to support essential communications needs
- Bachelor’s degree in Public Relations, Journalism, Communications, English or related discipline is required.
- Two (2) years of experience in communications or public relations, preferably in a higher education setting
We provide equal employment opportunities to minorities, females, protected veterans, and disabled individuals, as well as other protected groups.
We are currently interviewing candidates for the Summer 2017 semester and would love to interview interested KSU students. Can you please forward the attached Allied internship description to your students along with my contact information?
All interested students should email their resumes to Taylor Henning and Stephanie Giles by Friday, April 28.
Stephanie Giles, Sr. Publicist / Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Taylor Henning, Publicist / Email: email@example.com
Field Marketing Internship
Allied Integrated Marketing offers a unique college internship position in our Field Marketing division. Interns have the opportunity to see how marketing campaigns are developed and executed, and will learn about working in an agency environment with a focus on entertainment clients.
The College Intern Will:
- Participate in brainstorming alongside Allied’s team of Account Executives, getting a feel for the kinds of promotional and publicity stunts and events that clients prefer;
- Learn how to develop a pitch, and have a chance to use those skills to communicate with college media, student organizations, and local businesses;
- Ideate and organize local-level events promoting client projects, such as themed bar nights, campus scavenger hunts, or Greek system activities;
- Gain event management experience by attending and assisting Allied staff at evening screenings or events;
- Gain experience with research tools such as Cision, TVEyes and Google, learning how to effectively identify target audiences for campaign messaging.
At the conclusion of the internship term, interns will submit one portfolio piece, prepared under the supervision of Allied staff. The subject can be whatever the intern chooses, but it should showcase what was learned over the course of the internship. Interns are encouraged to approach every project with an eye towards resume building and professional development.
- Must be at least 18 years of age upon internship start date;
- Must be a legal U.S. resident;
- Must be enrolled as a full time student in a college or graduate school program;
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
This is an unpaid internship position. You will not be compensated in any fashion. You will not receive wages, health insurance benefits, retirement benefits, or company property in exchange for your participation.
Allied will support any effort to obtain college course credit for your internship. You will be responsible for satisfying any requirements your school may have to obtain course credit.
ABOUT ALLIED INTEGRATED MARKETING
Allied Integrated Marketing is a full service integrated marketing firm focused on the entertainment industry and consumer brands, specializing in delivering targeted programs on a local, regional or national basis. The firm has 23 offices in the U.S. and Canada, making it the largest privately held company of its kind in North America. Allied has a management team of creative, advertising, publicity and promotions specialists with a great depth of knowledge and industry experience. Some of our current clients include 20th Century Fox, Paramount Pictures, Warner Bros., Walt Disney Studios Motion Pictures, IFC, Food Network, The Disney Store, Mattel, and W Hotels as well as the touring productions of Mamma Mia!, Wicked, Book of Mormon and Hamilton. www.alliedim.com
The First Baptist Church Marietta Media internship program is ideal for someone who is interested in furthering his or her education and experience in the world of multi-media. This internship will provide exposure to various aspects of digital media that may include, but are not limited to: social media, broadcasting, film/edit, graphic design, video production, web management, search engine optimization and web analytics. Learning objectives are achieved through training, observation, + “learning-by-doing” under supervision with constructive feedback. All duties + responsibilities listed below are facilitated under observation through a mentor-trainee relationship.
DUTIES + RESPONSIBILITIES:
Playing a role in FBCM’s social media presence
Overseeing broadcast video edits/production
Joining producers on video production shoots
Update digital media outlets including, website, apps, and digital signage
Work with team members to develop + understand digital strategies that will meet objectives
Participation in weekly department meeting
Hours are flexible. Work attire flexible.
Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite/Cloud programs a plus, not required
Knowledge of broadcast a plus, not required
Must be extremely detail oriented with strong attention to follow-through
Strong writing skills
Communicate effectively in both written + verbal form
Flexible in work functions + duties
Ability to manage multiple tasks + meet deadlines
Exceptional time management skills
Strong teamwork skills
PC & MAC proficiency
FBCM Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Media Director|FBC Marietta