Curing Kids Cancer PR/Social Media/Website Specialist
- Create and manage an overall PR Plan and Objectives for Curing Kids Cancer (CKC)
- Host weekly CKC PR conference call with staff and relevant Board member(s)
- Daily Monday–Friday social media posts (Twitter, Facebook, etc.)
- Development of monthly editorial calendar with all CKC events
- Prioritize which events need the most publicity
- Define appropriate publicity for each event, including timing and scheduling
- Plan the coverage of each event and ensure appropriate videographer or photographer has been hired
- Prep celebrity participants in advance where required and/or provide scripts
- Monthly newsletters highlighting achievements, detailing upcoming events/fundraisers also featuring supporters and donors, research projects being funded and Medical Advisory Board, Executive Advisory Board and regular Board activities and members
- Coordination of photographers and videographers to capture images of events as needed for web and social media
- Manage editing of images and videos to be used on the website and social media
- Set up and management of archival library of CKC event photos and videos
- Manage set up of web content and web pages as needed for new events, campaigns or initiatives eg.
- Event info and ticket buying capability in place before events are announced
- Mecum Auctions for CKC
- “Blowing the Whistle on Kids Cancer” campaign with college football
- Other events as necessary
- Attend local events and Mecum Auctions and document on social media as needed/requested
- Write press releases and media alerts
- Pitch media to cover upcoming events
- Develop and edit blog posts from Grainne Owen and organization’s research doctors
Skills and Qualifications:
- BA in communications, PR, journalism or mass communications
- Three to five years of experience in the PR industry, preferably with a non-profit
- Ability to write and edit effective press releases/media alerts on a deadline
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Experience dealing with people at all levels
- Advanced experience using Facebook, Twitter, and other forms of social media to raise awareness and support for CKC
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience managing web content, setting up web pages and keeping a website current is required
- Previous experience of setting up/managing a media “library” is preferred
- Local Atlanta candidates only (relocation expenses NOT provided)
- No third party agencies please!
Georgia Public Broadcasting’s news department is looking for interns who are willing to work hard while learning about radio news in a major market*. The internship is unpaid, but the experience will be invaluable for anyone hoping to find the job of their dreams.
You’ll be interviewing newsmakers, writing stories and boosting your audio production and journalism skills; you won’t be sweeping floors or making coffee. Well, sometimes coffee-making is involved. Hey, our guests can get thirsty!
GPB’s network includes nine television stations and 19 radio stations, covering almost all of the state, as well as parts of Alabama, Florida, South Carolina and Tennessee. Interns will work on GPB’s new daily talk show, “On Second Thought” hosted by former NPR and PBS host Celeste Headlee. Headlee was also a managing editor with NPR’s Next Generation project which focused on training upcoming journalists, and she will train interns in field recording, editing, writing, booking and voicing.
Prospective news interns must be able to work at least 10-14 hours per week. Interns must write well, think creatively and be able to think on their feet.
-Interview newsmakers at events and news conferences
-Gather tape from phone interviews and in the field
-Write news copy -Research news stories
-Pitch story ideas
-Ability to work under deadline pressure
-Familiarity with basics of journalism
-Ability to write clearly, cogently and quickly
-Strong commitment to learning
Interested? Send a resume, cover letter and writing sample to
Lindsay Foster Thomas at email@example.com or 260 14th Street/Atlanta, GA/30318.
*Internship based in Atlanta, Georgia
Moxie Media and Marketing was founded in 2012. It is a PR and marketing firm where the employees are able to utilize limited resources and capitalize on creative campaigns, which is our expertise. We pride ourselves in working to create savvy solutions for our clients’ business needs. In addition, we believe in the power of partnerships and working within a network to build long lasting relationships. Because of this, as fall semester approaches in the coming weeks, we have paid internship opportunities available that we would like for you to post for your students. I have included a copy of the posting, but should you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me.
Editor and Creative Consultant
Moxie Media & Marketing
DeKalb Community Service Board (CSB) is currently accepting applications for interns to serve during the upcoming Fall and Spring semesters. Interns will gain experience in a number of areas including Public Relations, Community Relations and Employee Relations. The ideal candidate(s) should be pursuing a degree (graduate or undergrad) in one of the following programs: Public Relations, Graphic Design, Marketing, Communication, English or Journalism. Please share the attached Internship Announcement with potential candidates and on your campus intern job posting areas.
DeKalb CSB is a public non-profit provider of behavioral healthcare and developmental disabilities services for the citizens of DeKalb County. We have 20 locations throughout the county that serve more than 10,000 individuals annually. DeKalb CSB envisions a community in which disabilities no longer limit potential.
Please feel free to contact me should you have any questions or require additional information.
PR Intern Announcement – DeKalb CSB_2015
Jennifer Highsmith / Community Relations
firstname.lastname@example.org / (404) 508-7706
DeKalb Community Service Board
Brighter DeKalb Foundation
Office: (404) 892-4646 / Fax: (404) 508-7877
445 Winn Way, Decatur, GA 30030
The Georgia Ballet has two internship positions available for Fall 2015. Both the Marketing and Development Internships will work directly with the Development Director to create and implement marketing strategies and development strategies. These opportunities are much more than filing and basic office work. Interns will have the opportunity to actually put their major studies to work. Some of the responsibilities include assisting with writing press releases, creating marketing materials, graphic design, and cultivating business relationships.
The Georgia Ballet is a nonprofit organization with 3 main facets: a professional ballet company, a school of dance, and an arts in education program active in the local communities. The organization is poised for significant growth and currently in the midst of expanding each of these three areas. Opportunities for employment after successful completion of the internship are a definite possibility.
Job descriptions are attached. Interested applicants should contact me directly.
GA Ballet position develp intern
GA Ballet position market intern
Feel free to contact me with any additional questions.
The Georgia Ballet | 1255 Field Parkway | Marietta, Georgia 30066
770.528.0881 x 234 | www.georgiaballet.org