Please consider academic credit when applying for an internship. You can earn up to 6 credit hours. Internships provide a great opportunity for students to observe and learn more about what to expect once they graduate. Apply Today!
YouthCentric is looking for a Social Media Marketing Specialist to join their team! If you are passionate about TikTok, Instagram, and social media trends, this is an opportunity to help build content, channels, and audiences. YouthCentric is a new nonprofit whose mission is strengthen resilience, emotional health & stability, and life balance in teenagers through innovative programming developed in partnership with teenagers themselves. This is a part-time, paid position starting in October 2022.
- Create and post 1-2 pieces of original, engaging TikTok & Instagram content each week.
- Capture photo and video content via smartphone/ digital camera one – two nights per week onsite at YouthCentric’s program events.
- Edit videos into dynamic and captivating short form content.
- Write effective captions & hashtags and stay current on teenage & mental health social media trends and topics.
- Actively monitor and manage prompt and appropriate responses to social media post comments on YouthCentric’s channels in alignment with organization’s standards and values.
- Develop proactive and innovative ways to reach, engage and grow YouthCentric’s target audiences across online platforms.
- Track performance of content and create monthly social media recap reporting.
- Assist with creation of monthly newsletter for donors/ partners.
- Support other YouthCentric marketing efforts as assigned.
- College student (or recent graduate) pursuing Master’s Degree or in final year of Bachelor’s degree program for journalism, marketing, public relations, social media marketing or related field.
- Social Media Experience: 1 year (Preferred)
- Content Creation Experience: 1 year (Preferred)
- Video Editing Experience: 1 year (Preferred)
- Previous social media or related internship experience (Preferred)
- Interest in mental health and a passion for helping teenagers (Preferred)
- Possess skills and advanced knowledge & insight of social media platforms as well as familiarity with social media post metrics.
- Ability to interview, write, edit, and tell engaging stories.
- Working knowledge of graphics, design, and photography. Proficient in smartphone photo and video capturing and editing.
- Proficient in content creation and graphic design— comfortable in Adobe and Canva. Able to submit/ show examples of TikTok & Instagram created content.
- On-camera experience and/willingness to be on camera (Preferred).
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong writing and grammar skills with editorial eye for details particularly in relation to writing captions and hashtags.
- Obsession with understanding the latest social media trends, platforms, and hashtags particularly in the areas of mental health and teenagers with the goal of community building and viral appeal.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
The ability to work approximately 4-5 days per week, totaling approximately 15 hours per week. Compensation will be $20/ hour.
To apply go to the Handshake Job page for the YouthCentric position.
Georgia Public Broadcasting (GPB) is a network of 19 radio stations and nine television stations. We broadcast to all of Georgia and parts of Florida, Alabama, Tennessee, North Carolina and South Carolina – and reach an even larger audience through gpb.org and our podcasts.
The Democracy and Politics intern will
- Report and write digital stories focused on politics and democracy using AP style
- Write digital news briefs, features and newsletter content as assigned
- Assist editors and reporters as well as show hosts and producers when needed
- Pitch and research original stories
- Produce stories in GPB’s CMS and work with editors to publish in a timely manner
- Produce digital and audio journalism, social media and help create online engagement strategy
Intern requirements are:
- Attend daily news meetings, pitch stories and work scheduled hours
- Georgia undergraduate (junior or senior) majoring in journalism or related field and experience writing for a college newspaper or equivalent experience
- Stays current on the latest news in Georgia politics, democracy and policy
- Write clearly and concisely using AP style while maintaining high journalistic standards
- Possess solid news judgement and ability to identify key developments, a n d distill complex matters
- Must be digitally savvy with knowledge of CMS platforms, as well as basic audio and video editing
- Ability to use Adobe Audition and Premiere a plus
- Ability to work collaboratively, meet multiple deadlines, and juggle daily news in a fast-moving, creative environment.
- Knowledge of Georgia life and issues a plus
To Apply: Please upload a concise cover letter; a one-page resume that lists your related experience, current year in school, major/minors and coursework related to this internship opportunity; and a list of three references to the “Internship Radio and News Content Section” at www.gpb.org/jobs. Note: Submission of work samples is optional.
The Bert Show is looking for interns. The Bert Show is a nationally syndicated radio morning show heard locally on Q99.7 in Atlanta. They are in the process of securing interns for the fall and spring semester.
If you are interested in an internship with a top rated radio morning show, please email Tommy Owen, Show Direct at www.thebertshow.com
Calling all sports lovers! The Marietta Daily Journal sports internship is a great opportunity for students to get hands-on experience working as a Sports Writer.
The Intern will become part of the sports staff. He/She will write features, breaking news, game stories, re-write press releases, answer the phone, learn how to interview and how to listen, and get to show off their social media skills while earning practical work experience in journalism.
- Individuals who can write with clarity.
- Students who bring fresh ideas.
- Love sports
- College credit for internship
Compensation: This is an unpaid internship
If you are interested in an internship at the Marietta Daily Journal, please email Sports Editor John Bednarowski, at email@example.com
Cait + Co, is looking for an intern!
The main goal is to boost their ecommerce sales! In doing so, they need an extra set of hands to work on some social media marketing. At Cait + Co makes fun and colorful bath + body products, with multiple product lines geared towards multiple audiences.
The intern will help create curated content to boost brand awareness (think TikTok, Instagram Reels, UGC, etc). The start date would be ASAP. They located in Austell, GA, near Six Flags. This will be a part time, flexible and mostly remote position.
Experience with TikTok is preferred, and a passion for seeing growth and staying on top of current trends is a must! Please fill in the information below to let us know why you feel you’d be a good fit for the Cait + Co team!
If you are interested in this internship opportunity please click on the link below: https://www.caitandco.com/pages/social-media-internship-application
From day one, William Mills Agency interns are drafting press releases, case studies and articles for the nation’s premier financial public relations firm. If you are looking for a career in PR to take off you’ve landed in the right place.
William Mills Agency’s internship program enables college students and recent graduates to learn from and network with talented professionals in a friendly working environment.
Earn Real World Experience:
- Drafting news releases and other client materials, such as press kits, case studies and articles
- Ongoing client and media exposure
- Monitoring client media coverage
- Preparing supporting collateral for tradeshows, media tours and analyst briefings
- Excellent writing skills
- Proficient in AP style
- Meltwater/Cision experience preferred
- A passion for learning
Compensation: 12-week Stipend
If you are interested in applying for this internship, please click on the link below. https://www.williammills.com/careers
Job Title: Marketing & Communications Intern
Offered: Spring, Summer, Fall
This internship is designed for current undergraduate students or recent college graduates. Journalism, Public Relations, Communications, Advertising and Marketing fields preferred. Position requires excellent verbal and written communication and proofreading skills. Candidates should possess knowledge of business protocol; excellent organizational and interpersonal skills; and be able to prioritize while completing multiple assignments.
The Marketing & Communications Intern plays a supportive role to Atlanta RMHC’s donor engagement and storytelling initiatives and reports to the Marketing and Communications Manager.
The Marketing & Communications Intern assists with the development and execution of Atlanta RMHC marketing and communications plans including, but not limited to website, social media, writing blog posts, research and analysis; drafts internal and external communications to donors; and completes other administrative duties as assigned. Minimum of 20-weeks at 25 hours a week is required.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support the social media content calendar by drafting engaging, compelling content and customizing messages across platforms (Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn). Brainstorm with marketing team for content, images and videos.
- Research and monitor other RMHC Chapters to identify trends and opportunities for growth across channels.
- Measure and track social media activity including growth of followers, engagement and reach; help identify areas for improvement.
- Support the blog content calendar by identifying content, drafting powerful and effective posts and promoting posts across social platforms.
- Interview families, donors and staff for feature spotlight articles which will be featured on armhc.org and may be featured in grant proposals, email and direct mail appeals.
- Assist Marketing & Communications Director with coordinating logistics for BMW raffle promotional events and other admin duties.
- Update donor lists, media lists, create fact sheets, photo captions, bios, PSA copy, brochures, newsletter articles or other collateral and documents deemed necessary for the successful completion of Atlanta RMHC communications objectives.
- Assist with filing, copying, mailing and other administrative tasks.
- Internet research and news monitoring.
- Promote goodwill inside and outside of the Charity by representing Atlanta RMHC in a professional manner with a positive, cheerful, can-do attitude.
- Other duties as assigned.
Strong writing skills are required with video and graphic design skills (Adobe Creative Suite and iMovie) are preferred. Strong computer skills, with knowledge of basic Microsoft Office programs and functions. Proven ability to work independently and multi-task * Creative * Self-motivated * Proactive * Detail oriented * Resourceful
To apply, please send your resume, cover letter and one (1) letter of recommendation from a college professor/employer to firstname.lastname@example.org.
AHH Media, LLC is looking for a Podcast Production intern.
Annie H. Hoffman is an Emmy nominated producer who has experience as a sports/entertainment columnist and broadcaster. She has interviewed athletes, entertainers and politicians for print, radio, and TV. In addition, she has a media training/consulting business that features projects that span broadcast, print, radio, and social media disciplines. Interns will gain experience working on a podcast from the beginning.
The mission of the podcast is to inform, inspire, and empower listeners to create the life of their dreams. Interns are needed to research guests for the show, to help with social media marketing, assist in audio production, web site design, and content. Interns have opportunities to exercise creativity by helping identify new topics and guests for the show and facilitate fact checking, research, proofread, and implement appropriate edits for ongoing written, audio, and video communication for the podcast. Also, interns will get to assist and facilitate photo and video shoots to promote the podcast. Throughout the internship, interns will learn how to conduct themselves professionally in the workplace, on social media channels, with clients, interviewees, and the media. At the conclusion of the internship, interns will gain experience. And understand the fundamentals of broadcasting, public relations, social media, visual communications content, and communications field as a whole.
Social media experience and high level of familiarity with social media platforms like Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram, and Pinterest
Strong desire to learn along with professional drive Excellent verbal and written communications skills Ability to take initiative
Analytical mindset, detailed and good organizational skills Ability to prioritize, multi-task, and meet deadlines Demonstrates a high level of enthusiasm
Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Google Programs along with Adobe and Canva
Working toward a college degree in Communications ( e.g. Mass Media, Film/TV, Journalism, Digital Media/StoryTelling, etc…)
Compensation: This is an unpaid position.
To apply for the position please send a cover letter and resume to Annie Hoffman at email email@example.com
WKRG-TV News 5 is currently accepting applications for a limited number of Fall 2022 Internships.
WKRG-TV / wkrg.com is the CBS affiliate for the Mobile, AL / Pensacola, FL television Designated Market Area (DMA).
Nexstar Media Group is America’s largest local television and media company with 199 full power stations (including partner stations) in 116 markets addressing US television households and a growing digital media operation. Nexstar’s platform delivers exceptional local content and network programming to inform and entertain viewers, while providing premium, scalable local advertising opportunities for advertisers and brands across all screens and devices. Nexstar Media Inc. is the parent company of Nexstar Broadcasting Group, Inc. & Nexstar Digital LLC. Learn more at www.nexstar.tv
Why Intern with WKRG-TV / wkrg.com in Mobile, AL:
You will learn a lot by observing AND DOING.
You will work with knowledgeable, friendly, generous teammates.
You will participate with a diverse cohort of students from universities across the USA.
You will have fun on the job.
You will have a blast when you’re not working, as our community has many beautiful beaches, other great attractions to see, and activities to enjoy.
Your internship experience could significantly strengthen you as a candidate for full-time positions upon graduation.
Qualifications for the Fall 2022 Internship:
Internships with WKRG-TV / wkrg.com are HIGHLY SELECTIVE. Our most recent Summer 2022 Internship Cohort included students from ten different universities across the USA and overseas.
All Fall 2022 Internships are IN-PERSON and based at our main broadcast & digital studios in Mobile, Alabama.
All internships are SUPERVISED. Each intern’s station supervisor will oversee the intern’s attendance and performance to evaluate, monitor, and assess the intern’s progress and ensure they are receiving the proper education/training.
Compensation: All internships are unpaid.
Students who must earn academic credit to participate will receive priority consideration for positions in the cohort. Students are expected to obtain and complete any forms necessary to receive credit for the internship experience. The intern’s college/university academic advisor (and institution guidelines) determines the amount of credit available (and subsequently, the amount of time an intern will be available on a weekly basis). The station intern supervisor will take into account each intern’s availability to establish a work schedule which provides for an enriching experience.
The intern is responsible for their own transportation.
APPLY NOW to secure a Fall 2022 Internship position:
An application is required.
The application must be submitted via the Nexstar Careers portal at https://www.nexstar.tv/careers/ no later than 5pm CST, Thursday, August 18, 2022.
After submitting your application online, please email a copy of your resume to WKRG News Director Gene Kirkconnell at firstname.lastname@example.org. The body of that email should include a short note explaining why you are interested in participating in the Fall 2022 internship program. Also, in that email, offer up several timeslots which are convenient for you to participate in a video conference to interview for the position.
SOHO Media Group is a fully accredited and independent marketing agency + creative studio with big ideas and talented people to make the magic happen backed by over 20 years’ experience in Marketing & Advertising. SOHO Media is based in both Australia (Brisbane, Sydney, Cairns) and America (Atlanta, Dallas & Seattle).
As a Social Media Intern, you will be right in the action of running the social media accounts for our clients alongside the Social Media Manager. Primarily focused on content performance and distribution of content, you will help track post performance and draw insights from post metrics while helping bring our content calendar to life on social. We are looking forward to someone who is passionate about
What The Social Media Intern Will Be Responsible For
- The Social Media Intern will be working in tandem with the Social Media Manager and Account Manager to fulfill social media marketing schedules for a variety of clients and industries
- Help maintain social media scheduling/reporting on our content management system.
- Assist in writing copy for social media posts.
- Assist in generating assets for posts for monthly content calendars.
- Help with social media post ideation as assigned.
- Stay current with social media trends and topics.
- Implement social media strategy to grow client’s social media followers.
- Listen in on client meetings to acquire briefs and business goals.
What The Social Media Intern Needs To Have
- Academic and/or Work experiences related to one or more of the following in Journalism, Marketing, Public Relations, Communications, or related field
- Obsession with social media trends and platforms
- Familiarity with social media post metrics
- Experience with social media reporting and analytics is preferred.
- Strong organizational skills, time management skills and attention to detail required.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks/projects.
- Ability to work independently without supervision, be self-directed and demonstrate initiative.
- Strong team synergy skills and ability to work collaboratively with others.
If you are interested in applying for this internship, please email your resume to Olivia Malifa at email@example.com