The Ironwood Cooperation is looking for a Graphic Design intern for the Fall. This individual is required to have finished at least one semester of graphic design-related coursework. You must be efficient in Adobe CS (primarily InDesign, Photoshop & Illustrator) and Microsoft Office on a Mac. A Mac will be provided and you must be able to work during normal business hours in the north Atlanta office. It is a corporate environment, so professional attire is required. This will be a paid internship and the hourly rate will be discussed upon placement.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Create, revise and develop marketing/proposal collateral and branding materials for print, web and social media.
- Interact and communicate in a positive and responsive manner with in-house clients and outside vendors
- Help maintain file organization, following naming conventions and storage protocols
- Use printer and cutter in the Creative Services Department to produce presentation and marketing materials for in-house clients
- Help maintain printer in the Creative Services Department (paper, toner, etc.)
- Log and track assigned projects to ensure accurate and on-time completion, following up with in-house clients when needed
- Other duties as assigned by Director of Creative Services and other management
For questions or to apply, email Frank Spurlock – email@example.com
If you have a proven track record of on-campus leadership promoting public policy issues, and a strong interest in pursuing a career in the media or in public policy you are encourages to apply.
- Coordinating and recruiting for summer student conferences
- Research public policy issues
- Writing op-eds that may be published on the Foundation’s blog, The New Guard.
- Other tasks as assigned
For additional questions about this internship opportunity please do not hesitate to contact Patrick Coyle at firstname.lastname@example.org
Paid Internship Opportunities at The Sentinel
The Sentinel student newspaper is currently looking to fill several positions on its staff for Fall 2019. Applications are now open for the Editor-in-Chief, Arts and Living Editor, Opinion Editor, and Engagement Director Positions. The open positions are all paid positions and students are eligible to receive academic internship credit. The Sentinel staff is also an amazing opportunity to gain experience in editing and a better understanding of what it is like to work in a newsroom with a weekly publication. For more information about specific positions, please contact Sabrina Kerns at email@example.com. Anyone interested in a position can apply here: https://zfrmz.com/pJm9g7a6CSPLhgX6NnEp
This is a paid internship with the possibility of a Wedding Planner position at the end of the internship. The Wedding Planner Intern will gain firsthand knowledge of the event industry, wedding planning and wedding day coordination. Interns will assist our planners with real weddings, conducting wedding rehearsals, executing the processional and recessional, and running the time line through-out the reception by communicating with and queuing all bridal party and vendors.
- Experience in event industry or hospitality preferred.
- Live within 30 minutes of Ball Ground, GA
- Computer literate, Google Drive
- Able to work weekends and occasional Thursday afternoons
- Able to work a minimum of three events per month
- Must have reliable transportation to report to work
- Customer service oriented, proactive and willing to take initiative
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills with attention to detail
- Ability to multi task in a fast paced environment
- Warm and personable, even under pressure; kind
- Shows energy and enthusiasm
- Professional and pleasant phone manner
For additional questions about this internship opportunity please do not hesitate to contact Mary Stone at Mary@TheGreyStoneEstate.com
Undergraduate internship opportunity for a student interested in learning about the application of communication and marketing in public safety. The intern will have the opportunity to assist the Public Safety staff in public outreach initiatives, newsletter and informational flyer design and development, social media campaigns, emergency notification design, and other communication techniques applicable to emergency management. Intern applicants should be proficient in Adobe InDesign and Photoshop, have strong written skills, and possess familiarity with social media communication techniques. Communications, Public Relations and Marketing majors are encouraged to apply.
Summer 2019 Specific Duties
- Provide student perspective on plans and operations
- Complete monthly departmental newsletter over the summer
- Develop Fall Semester Public Safety Day promotional materials
- Assist with drills as needed
- Update emergency management presentations with new brandingrequirements
- Learn about emergency notification and crisis communication
- Complete Incident Command System 100 for Higher Education
Other opportunities exist to attend training classes hosted on campus.
This is an unpaid internship. Academic credit may be available through the intern’s academic department. Student selected will complete a separate application, must pass a criminal background check.
Students interested should apply on the Handshake portal: https://kennesaw.joinhandshake.com
Join a team of incomparable leaders this summer at NSLC’s Film, Journalism, and Media Arts program! Team Advisors guide students through their NSLC experience, and as a TA, you will:
• Lead small group discussions and debriefings
• Teach academic and leadership sessions
• Assist admin staff, professors and leadership facilitators with program components
• Serve as a chaperone during off-campus trips and evening social activities
• Serving as a resident advisor in the dorms
TAs naturally become mentors for students who are navigating through their high school lives. TAs are generally current college sophomores, juniors, or seniors, and current freshman can be considered for one of our Assistant Team Advisor positions. Applicants should be familiar with all program specific information posted on the NSLC website. NSLC has a primary focus on leadership development, and applicants should have leadership experience and/or training. Room, board and travel are paid for with this opportunity.
The link to the online application is: https://portal.nslcleaders.org/jobs?program_id=35
For additional questions about this internship opportunity please do not hesitate to contact Cory Hancock at www.nslcleaders.org